I tried. I really did. I started out the month with a strong idea and was consistently doing more than the day's average. I felt good and proud of myself that I was keeping up with it. Right up until I got sick. >:o(
I was sick with two head colds back to back for most of the month. Between that, my commute, helping friends to move, and just life, I didn't get to finish Nano this year. I was also borrowing my husband's laptop. Since I couldn't really appropriate it all the time without feeling guilty, I didn't get to do as much as I wanted. Phooey on me.
Next year, it will be different. My loving mate bought me my own laptop for me to do with as I will. I'll be able to write, surf the net, and generally cause havoc on Facebook all I want without feeling like I have to give up my possession of the computer "to be nice." :o) I'm planning on finishing this year's Nano work too. There's always the Kiwi Writer's Mini Challenge in January: 20,000 words of new material in a month. And then there's SoCNoc in June.
And Nano next November ... I'll finish someday.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
2 comments:
It's OK; you got a good start and you have plenty of time to keep working between now and next year!
There really is always next year. I had semi-planned to do it this year, but backed out at the last minute.
I think next year is going to be my year ;)
Post a Comment