
I'm torn. While I love the Tudor series, I didn't get that same sense of accomplishment when I finished this book. It also seemed to come to an abrupt end like The Constant Princess. It was almost as if Ms. Gregory said to herself, "Oh, I probably should finish this," and just stopped writing.
It's the story of England before it becomes a united land under Henry VII. Edward marries in secret and brings his bride to the court afterward. And all hell breaks loose from there. Brothers betray each other. Secrets are let out. There is murder, mayhem, and witchcraft to deal with.
I had a difficult time getting through this one. I found Queen Elizabeth too conniving for me. Or maybe I'm just tired of the intrigue found at England's court. I don't know. As this is the first in a new series, I may just wait to pick up the second book.
2 comments:
I kind of thought this same thing about The Queen's Fool. I like the other books I've read by her, but this just seemed like a throw away to me...
-Jacki
www.lovelylittleshelf.com
Sad. I've only read The Other Boleyan Girl and actually have this one my shelf waiting to be read. Now I'm not so excited about it any more. =/ I'll probably still read it, but I appreciate the heads up about what to expect.
Post a Comment