Poor Percy Jackson. He's special ... in an odd sort of way. He suffers from ADHD and dyslexia. Because of that, he is constantly getting into trouble. He doesn't mean to. He doesn't WANT to get into trouble; it just sort of happens to him. All sorts of weird things happen to him.
It's not until he turns 11 that he finds out why. Percy is special but not because he's a troubled kid. He's a demigod. Half human. Half Greek God. It's a further shock to find out exactly who his father is. It's not just any Greek god. It's Poseidon and that's where the fun starts.
For those who don't know, Poseidon is the god of water in Greek mythology. And since water exists just about everywhere, you can see why he's so powerful. Percy finds all this out and then goes to a special place to be protected and learn to refine his powers. Right up until Poseidon and Zeus start to fight.
He's then sent on a quest to locate something that has been stolen from Zeus and return it to the most powerful of gods on Olympus. Does he do it? I'm not telling.
I liked this book. It was fun. It was a fast read and it was engaging enough to make me go back for the second book in the series. I'll definitely keep reading.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
2 comments:
I really want to read these! The movie previews along make me excited to read the books!
I know and I hope to just be able to enjoy the movie since I'm not emotionally attached to it like I am HP.
Post a Comment