Monday, September 28, 2009

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

I like Robert Langdon. I really do. But even I'm not sure why he chose to blindly accept that the person on the other end of the phone was his friend's assistant. lol ... Of course, I'm not at that level where one of my friends would HAVE an assistant to make calls. So I think that's the only problem I have with the book.

Langdon is once again thrust into a seemingly impossible situation. Discover the greatest secret of the Masons or die trying. This book takes place in Washington DC and it was nice to read about places I'm more familiar with. Even if it's been a while, I've BEEN to the Capital so I've seen the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Monument and a variety of other places there firsthand.

He also always seems to attract the attention of a strong, intelligent woman in the midst of the trials & tribulations. Katherine Solomon is no different. Together, they unravel the mysteries placed before them.

I'm not going into great detail but I liked this book. Even if it is a bit formulaic. Most books are so that doesn't bother me. I would like to see Langdon stick with one of these women as I think they are more than a match for him intellectually. But then again, "wartime" intimacy never forms a lasting bond, does it?

No comments: