Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thorn Queen, Richelle Mead

I stumbled into the middle of a series unknowlingly. Having said that, I ordered the first book already after reading this one. It's very good. Very sexy too.

Eugenie has apparently become Queen of Thorn Land. Not that she wanted to. But she did when she killed the former king. I think that happened in the last book. She is a shaman who protects the human world from demons, spirits, and faeries and the like. In this book, she starts to refine her power and realize her destiny as the mother of the savior of the Otherworld. As a little backstory, she is the daughter of a tyrannical leader who has the power to summon storms and other elements along with a human. She can travel in both worlds easily.

There's a lot that happens along with some good nookie. :o) Always a good thing in a book. I'm not giving away too much but I definitely think this one is worth the read.

No comments: