Whoa. I came into this book expecting to find a greedy, grasping, untrustworthy, slightly mad woman in Jane Boleyn. That's what I'd been led to believe she was. She only cared about what happened to herself. She didn't love her husband or his family. She was constantly eavesdropping. And a lot more.
Instead what I found was a woman who did love her husband. She also admired her sister-in-law and truly tried to make herself a part of the Boleyn family. And did. She had servants and a place in which to serve the queen. We don't need to go into what happened next. We know.
After that, she built herself up again and served three more queens before being put to death for aiding and abetting the queen's affair with Thomas Culpepper. Sad, really. She was able to fend for herself in a world where women were forced to rely on men for just about everything including the food on the table and the clothes on their back.
In this day and age, she would have run her own company and been very successful.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment